Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 16mm stills

  1. #1
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I posted some stills from a 16mm short I made.

    I posted the stills here at exposure's community fotki.

    The film was not telecined. It was the poor man's transfer - video taping the projected footage. Not too shaby, but certainly reduces the quality.

    None of the footage of the posted stills has been color corrected.

    The images, for some reason, seem to get slightly squeezed when posted on fotki.

    Thank you.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 06, 2005 02:14 AM: Message edited by: GREATwarEAGLE ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They look good...

    What are the details on the stock and moreover what are the details on the project??

    Good Luck

  3. #3
    Inactive Member eddie123456789's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2002
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    those look great. Some techy info would be good, if you can be arsed - such as stock, camera, lighting?

    Nice one

  4. #4
    Inactive Member emjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    747
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...and expenses...

    looks really good.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Yammeryammeryammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looks like a really well exposed negative to me. Maybe you could get someone to put up the telecine funds based on the strength of this?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All of it was Kodak 7239 EI160. It's a daylight film, which means I had to gel the lights for indoors, although I didnt always gel the lights, there were times when the redish orange worked out, other times when it did not.

    This was just a simple little short, no crew, just me, except for one shot, I had one friend help me with.

    All shot with the Angenieux 12-120mm zoom lense, which sometimes had to be opened up all the way, zoomed in to 120...I had no Focus Puller. Many of the shots came out a bit soft, you can see it in some of the stills.

    It was shot with a very old wind-up Bell and Howell two-forty.

    This is what the camera looks like. This is not the actual camera I used, I found this image on the web. The lens is not the same as I used. Yes...it is an antique. But quite solid.

    camera2

    I will not be professionally transferring this film. This is the end of the line. Its got too many flaws.

    I've edited a rough cut, but am redoing it. Maybe when it's done I'll put it up. I'll probably screen it with Flicker.

    Im in the market for a nice new camera. Nigel, you still sellin your Aaton? I'll give you fifty bucks!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How much Nigel?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was trying to get $15,000 USD for it but that may not happen...I don't think I could go any lower than $11,000 USD.

    Why you want it??

    Good Luck

  9. #9
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hopefully you will shoot some more film and help push these video junkies onto the real stuff.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Especially since my footage was transferred cheaply. Poor man's method. And the results are still damn good. Also considering that you an get the same camera I used on ebay for as low as $20!!!! The Angenieux zoom lens goes for anywhere from $300 -$800.

    Thanks everyone for the compliments. Still working on the edit. Planning my next film, which I expect to beging shooting in about 2 months, on 16mm.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 08, 2005 03:26 PM: Message edited by: GREATwarEAGLE ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will let you hold it for 10 minutes for fifty bucks...

    Actually, I am still open to selling it but I haven't been actively trying.

    The stills look good. Hopefully you will shoot some more film and help push these video junkies onto the real stuff.

    Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •